July 6, 2008

Hiatus in Haiti

Beautiful Disaster, both this blog and my life in many respects, will be officially out of commission and the country starting this Monday, July 7th and returning August 8th. I am overwhelmed by the weight of this moment, this abrupt and fascinating fork in my road. I hope you will join me in praying for the lives who will be touched and transformed during this time, the least of which being my own.

I also wanted to genuinely thank everyone for the considerable amount of hugs, emails, texts, phone calls, messenger pigeons and general generous support you have bestowed upon me, not just in regards to this recent turn of events and opportunity, but all throughout this weird, bumpy ride that has been my life.

You have been the patient cups of Gatorade to my marathon parched lungs. Each, in characteristically individual ways, have selflessly (and/or under duress) time and time again provided a must needed rest stop, a shoulder, an ear, a punching bag, and a half-amused audience to this one woman show... and I am eternally grateful. If I have not yet had the pleasure, I look forward to returning your many favors. For now, please accept the gratitude of a perpetually humbled heart.

My cup runneth over.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all men..."
Gal 6:7-10


"Eye has not seen",

Ash

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you and am so proud of you!!

Jen said...

I love you and I am praying for you! Email me when you can to let me know how you are!