January 4, 2009

Dodging Oldies and Randoms / We Just Need To Dance! : NYE Edition






I realize that these are basically just a gallery of photos of THEE Jill Overby and I posing at various locations, and in various emotional states, on our road to midnight during eve o' new years. Well... too bad.

Jill, thanks for being such a trooper. I owe you ten bucks for your easy relegating to my mind changing - and for tearing the roof off this mother with me. I rang in 2009 covered in red wine stains and Del Scorcho sauce (as it should be), but also saddled with some new found inspiration and fierce determination. Thank you for all of it!

Also... Dont send me horrible, extremely butch, Jr. High photos, for metaphorical and hypothetical comparison, IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO POST THEM.


I cant even... thats just... wow.

See you in the R.O.

9 comments:

jill said...

Ash!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, best NYE ever. Loved, loved, loved this post! I unpacked my NYE ensemble today and it smelled of red wine and had Del Scorcho sauce all down the front. I almost didn't want to wash it because it reminded me of our blasty blast night (that, and the 2 day headache I finally recovered from!). It was soooo good to see you and I am so beyond thankful that we're friends. I'm very grateful that we reconnected again...honestly, I don't know what I would do without your friendship! You're the best and you mean so much to me. :)

I love you so much and can't wait to see you again. Perhaps I'll make a trip out to Boston in the summertime (no way in hell am I traveling anywhere in the winter - except for CA or Florida)! We just can't go another year without seeing each other. :)

And, for the record, I love that pic of us in Jr. High. I'm glad you posted it - mostly so everyone can see how far I've come since my "shim" Jr. High days ("she he", hermaphrodite-esque)! Just as I thought in Jr. High, the clear Charlotte Russe dangly heart earrings go perfectly with oversized t-shirts and baseball hats. I was a fashion plate circa 1991. :)

LOVE YOU!!

A Mills said...

Yes, I mainly posted it for your own redemption purposes. But it is still awful! Atleast my Walkman is distracting me from the fact that we are both wearing baseball caps. Why Lord, Why.

Thea early 90's were so rough.

knyche said...

I just keep forgetting to say that I like your new haircut.

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR

Jen said...

Where did we go on buses in Jr. High? I loved that picture! Brought back lots of memories of both you girls. Although, I didn't remember either of you wearing baseball hats.

Happy 2009! Looks like you had a fun celebration!

corykhill said...

AB-SOLUTELY-FREAKIN-MAZING!!!!

'nough said

Anonymous said...

you went from a handsome young man to abeautiful woman. i like the new hair style, brings our your eyes and pretty smile.happy new years

A Mills said...

Enough Already, Crazy Town. Enough.

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh...I almost peed my pants! So funny! That had to be a summer camp pic. I love it and I love you girls.