March 28, 2008

Per Se...

I am lucky enough to have had a good friend fly out from California to spend a week visiting me during my continued employment hiatus, and thereby forcing me to do and see every tourist attraction and activity one could possibly imagine in the span of seven days. We also embarked on a culinary tour of beantown that bordered on just plain gluttony. Im still full and its been like 8 days!

The highlight for me of the entire extremely fun week was the three days we spent in New York City:





Its no secret that my love affair with NYC has been blossoming for over 15 years now, and any time I get to spend there is always a treat, particularly when it includes romance, comedy, street gyro's, and SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. Oh thats right - Greg and I waited outside of NBC studios at 6:30 am on Saturday morning in order to procure stand-by tickets for that nights show. While we were waiting in line later that night to see if we would be some of the lucky few who would actually get a seat for the taping, some random girl walked up to me and handed me 2 ACTUAL tickets, saying they were extra. We were stunned and flabbergasted, but quickly ran over to the line of people who were guaranteed a seat, and the rest is history. I still dont think it has sunk in that we sat in the very studio where so much comedy history has been made. It was, without a doubt, one of the best times of my life. Thank you Greg.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so happy for you! That is awesome!!