March 22, 2008

These Tears are Real

http://yourtrip.travelchannel.com/clip.aspx?key=7903FD1A94CEEAD2

(Copy and Paste - Damn you Travel Channel!)

My baby brother Gregory is making his sister extremely proud by pursuing a career in Film and Multi-Media at Northeastern University. A career path, by the way, that I ingrained in him since he was a sprightly 6 years old. You're Welcome.

Amongst his recent adventures was a trip to Thailand where he was able to use his documentary skills to shoot, edit, and produce a short film highlighting the horrors and grim reality of human trafficking and the rampant sex trade that has come to define Bangkok. He has made it one of his many missions to raise awareness, both in the U.S. and abroad, that eleven year old girls are not sexy. True Story.

On a much lighter note, the above video is the product of my brother and his Boston roommates putting their collective beer soaked minds together, for what I can only assume was upwards of a decent half hour to conjure up this gem of a video submission for a chance to be on the Travel Channel's "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain.
(Who? I dont know - Google it)
My brother is a genius with the one-shot pan of the apartment, and the upwards angle of the inexplicably enormous IRobot living room banner at the end. Thats Scorsese territory bitches.
And of course, the magnanimous, often hungry, Mr. Andrew Alix - your guide through this veritable tour of charisma and pork. What can I say about my furry little friend? Im proud the world will finally know...that you own another pair of shoes besides a pair of 12 year old New Balances. He is single ladies!

Also, I have to give a hearty shout out to Nate "Bringin home the Bacon" Whatever your last name is, and Gavin - G is for Get me a back light, Damn!

Love you Bro.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So completely random! I like the "these tears are real" line. Do these boys have to turn sideways if two of them are in the hallway at the same time? It looks so small!

I can't imagine little Greg doing such serious work like that across the world! Pretty awesome. Was it a school assignment?

Unknown said...

...and I just peed myself a little bit...