October 13, 2008

P.Y.O. Apples


Something I must admit has never occurred to me in my lifetime, and that is the notion to drive 2 hours on a Saturday, brave Disneyland-esque lines and crowds, all for the chance to hike up steep hills, get eaten alive by mosquitoes, step on a few kids, and pick your own apples from a New England orchard.

The east coast LOVES to do this. Im still trying to deconstruct why. I have NEVER in my life felt like gathering a group of people and heading out to pick my own strawberries. Not once. And they call us Hippies. Calm down, Birkenstocks - the West Coast may love avocados, but you all take "tree-huggers" to new levels. And apparently you all secretly want to be in the agriculture business!

Jokes people, Jokes.

The girls and I had a great time, stealing/picking/eating apples.

Behold:








Dont be fooled by the beautiful changing of leaves... its all downhill after this.

4 comments:

jill said...

TOTALLY!!!! This is huge in Michigan, too. I seem to be the only one wondering why we can't just buy apples in the grocery store...

P.S. I've already done this twice this Fall.

"Don't be fooled, it's only downhill from here". LOL!!!! (yeah, totally true)

knyche said...

I am envious.

Anonymous said...

You're the only person I know who can look glamorous picking apples.

Jen said...

Never in my lifetime did I think I would see you apple picking... You do look cute though!