April 23, 2009

Shift

Typically I would not feel particularly the need to follow up one of my own posts with a clarification or a rebuttal, but that last one is sort of just sitting out there, a little too vulnerable, like an exposed wound, and its making me (and some others) wildly uncomfortable.

This is just the intermediate. The short bridge back from that weird momentary ledge I dont at all relish publicly inviting everyone to take part in.

Normally I would have deleted the infraction, had that beautiful morning after hindsight and destroyed the evidence faster than you can say "overshare."

But schedule conflicts and laziness afforded me some time and fresh eyes with this one, and - the outpouring of concern notwithstanding - I decided to let it stay and marinate.

For me mostly. There are... things to say. There are angles to investigate and corners to turn.

Eventually I will write. But for right now - this moment is not that one.

This mood is not that girl.


This girl is ready.

7 comments:

corykhill said...

I'm proud of you for leaving it out there. You're honesty will lead to your freedom.

corykhill said...

I hate that I just used the wrong form of "your". Please don't hold it against me.

Jamie, Celeste and Jackson Blue said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog & will definitely be coming back. This is one of the things that made me say "hm, this girl has something to say & i can relate."

But at least I live knowing this laughter, this hurt, this anger, this foolishness, this long road to subtlety and clarity - I am the sum of these parts.

Jamie, Celeste and Jackson Blue said...

Also - as I was reading some of the older posts I recognized a coworker in one of the pics. Crazy since how I came to your blog has nothing to do with anyone I work with.

corykhill said...

It's been 5 weeks... I believe we all deserve an update from our Beautiful Disaster.

I'm just sayin.

Unknown said...

I concur with the above statement.

jill said...

For the love! BLOG!!

:)