October 22, 2007

Smashing Clarkson

Not normally one for many musical ventures, I had the opportunity to attend quite a few concerts recently in the last few weeks. My ex-roommate ginger is now the bassist for the Smashing Pumpkins, and I enjoyed what I believe to be my very first legitimate rock concert to date last Saturday. To be fair, I really feel like some back-up dancers could have been utilized - but thats just me.


The show was fun, and the crowd was amazing. Im so happy for Ginger that her dreams are coming true, and that she is living the life she has always wanted. She is the tiny person on your left. (Incidentally, her band manager facilitated a very random phone conversation between me and and a one Mr. Joey Mcyntire. The circle of my life has now been completed)


Also - Kelly Clarkson Bitches.



She is really amazing - and I have no witty commentary to offer you. She just is. The second video is absolute proof of how much we were freaking out the entire time. Im not even ashamed.
Also - it bears mentioning that La Clarkson apparently says nay to toning up or getting on a treadmill. At first it alarmed me, as I am so used to celebrities going to extreme measures to make sure that they do not have quite the caboose that kelly is sporting - but then I found it refreshing. Like "F you, I sing AND like carbs - So Suck it. - I barely fit in these pants - what of it?!"
Reason number #312 why I love her.

This is my exhausted wrap-up of the concert on the train ride back. It speaks for itself...

1 comment:

jill said...

I love that you can hear you singing in the video posts. I also love the post-concert wrap-up video on the train. I'm going to see her (and her fabulously large "I love carbs" ass) on Sunday night. Can't wait.