February 22, 2009

Granted




My heart turns violently inside my chest
when I am reminded
There is a palpable wound that I need to clutch and soothe
a void
It may seem paltry, but this landscape, these sunsets
are in my blood and my soul and they scream in yearning from my DNA

My entire life is built on these scenes, these colors
watching the sun go down on the perfect day

My days look different now, the canvas somewhat changed
the pallet now muted

But I always come back to this

I will always come back to the indefinable ache that will not subside

I try... I always try - to move on, move forward, let go

In the end, I just want to be home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Does the title "Granted" mean your wish to go home is being granted?

corykhill said...

I'm excited for you to get to come home. I'm excited to give you a "i know how you are feeling" hug. Keep your chin up kid.