March 4, 2009

Comedy Soulmate

This post wont do our friendship justice, so Im not sure I will even be able to wrap words around these truths. Its no secret that I measure my time and life and acquaintances in laughter, and its extremely rare that I would meet my opposite, my equal, the ending to my half finished thoughts and sentences. The cackle to my chortle and chirp.

My brother is my life's soulmate. Thats a given. We are fraternal and identical. We have history and blood.

Brian is the inherent. He is the instinct. He is the natural inclination. He is my Ed McMahon, while simultaneously being my muse and my inspiration and my headliner. Yet its when I am his cheering section, his wallflower, his silent observer, that I am the most awe struck by his genius.

He has given voice to an artistry I never thought I housed. He has reminded me of parts of myself I thought long fizzled and extinguished by years of beige. He is appropriate and ridiculous and chastising and troubled and beyond fierce.

Thanks B, for reminding me, inspiring me, and for getting the joke...

Our combination is more impactful than I think even we realize. Its time to call You Tube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...I had fun catching up on all your blogs. So, ummm, who is Brian?