We almost walked to this beach, 7 miles ONE WAY. Thank God I brought my homemade Oar and The BiGulp or else all really would have been lost.
One of my favorite pictures of the trip... mostly because we are all laughing at something I said!
This seems a little after the fact to be posting pics from Haiti again, but these spectacular and telling photos were taken by my Paparazzi-in-Crime, a one Ms. Jackie Williams, and in the interest of awe-inspired redundancy... Haiti still lingers in our hearts and minds daily. Its nothing I can shake. I share a bond of sisterhood with these six girls, that is difficult to describe or convey, because we lived through a month that broke us, physically and mentally, and yet still came out alive. Shaken, bitten, bleeding, bruised...but fully awake, maybe for the very first time. This post serves as a tribute to my girls, and to Haiti - for teaching me that simplicity is the the most difficult of virtues to appreciate and acquire. And so is Love.
"Hey Ashlee, Isn't it fun when we go jogging in 140 degree weather and stop for photo ops in front of random schools?"
"Yes, Leah it is. Im so glad I brought my dad's black wool argyle socks for just this occasion."
There really is no place for fierce... YET we still brought it.
Little Pedro... starving yet still sassy
"We must Go..."
1 comment:
Hey B-e-a-utiful Disaster!!
Nice Pics;)
I saw Dustin&Annelies yesterday, we were giving Dustin some styling advice about what to wear on Annelies's brothers wedding!He thought it was okay to show up in shorts.....
I've gotta go running for my german class, hope you and the girls are alright!
xX!
Post a Comment