September 26, 2008

In Retrospect

My heart is heavy
and the ache is seizing
I try to grasp it
try to dull it
nullify, vilify.... who am I

Its too late
cant go back
back to numb
back to dumb and deaf
cant... just cant

My eyes are open, and the armor's been pierced
(by blood stained hands)
no turning back
no turning back

Never Again

But sometimes... my memories too vivid
pictures, places, screaming, kisses

Somewhere, somehow, even nothing meant something
and we'll continue to play dumb for as long as you want

Ive got time, and tears, and thoughts, and hushed words, and averted eyes

Everything and this
is essentially me
minus all the reality
you'll never see

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your friend, Ryna's, blog is amazing. Reading about such daily devastation and sadness is heart wrenching. How easy it is to get caught up in the lives we live here and not think about all the people suffering who need our help. I will be praying.