September 23, 2008

Survey Says

Dear White People,

Im sorry to have to break it to like this, but someone had to do it. This will be hard to hear, you may want to sit down. Ive thought about this for a long time, chosen my words very carefully, made a vigorous searching and moral inventory of all things considered, and the fact still remains:

Offense: Baby Got Back
Verdict? No longer funny

ENOUGH with playing this at weddings and Bar Mitzvah's and company Christmas parties. Enough with trying to be the whitest shade of black possible. This song is the literal musical equivalent of yelping "Not!" after an already flaccid joke. Sir Mix-a-lot doesn't even think this is ironic nor "throw-back" anymore. Seriously. 16 years ago called, literally 1992, and it wants us to know that black people thought this song was funny for exactly 30 days. Although still the jam, you dont see them playing "Ice Ice Baby" at every single matrimonial gathering do you? DO YOU? LET IT GO. Find a new easy white joke/target... like Carlos Mencia. He's just asking for it.

So to recap:

Baby Got Back - Not Funny
Ice Ice Baby - Still Funny...For now.

Carry on.

-A

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Big Dog is reading your blog and lovin' it.

A Mills said...

Who???

People who leave anonymous comments are cowards.

Yah. That just happened.

Jennifer Fox said...

Didnt we have dance to ice ice baby? That we practiced in the bathroom in elementary school?

A Mills said...

That makes us sound like we hung out in the bathroom - People, we lived in the actual desert. When its 108 degrees outside you practice your routines in the bathroom right? Yes, you do. Anyway - Jen I believe it was to MC Hammer. And as I said before Hammer Rules. I could be wrong though, I just remember you, me, and tafoya skipping back and forth a lot. Is that dancing or Jazzercise?

Jennifer Fox said...

You are so right - it was MC hammer "cant touch this"
I saw Tafoya in January this year at a dinner for Jan Lamb's bachlorette party - funny huh?

Jen said...

The Big Dog?? Is that supposed to bring a distinct someone to mind... because it doesn't.

Plus, even during its 30 days of funniness, it has only ever been cool for black people to have "back." White people were never meant to bust a move to this song while trying to assure themselves that their large butt was finally being accepted in the mainstream world.

The other place to practice dance routines? The pool. 'Nastics!

Anonymous said...

the bigger dog aka the real big dog says being anonymous is the only way to be, doesnt make you a coward it makes you invisible to the public eye, like lucky luciano says " the public eye is the enemy, this thing of ours is meant to be underground." la cosa nostra

A Mills said...

Are we have a "Dog" competition, because I specifically told Randy Jackson to stay off my blog.
Also, menacing mafia quotes will never deter me, no matter how many times Ive watched Mobsters.

GREICO LIVES!

jill said...

OMG. This is HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed so hard!!!

jill said...

P.S. I'm not even kidding that this song came up as a kareoke choice last weekend (yeah, I went to a bar that ACTUALLY had kareoke - I understand that this is problem #1) and since I know all the words to said song (problem #2) I actually CONSIDERED it!! But my kareoke partner decided the song was lame and we sang something else (problem #3 - I was willing to sing this song IN PUBLIC but someone else had to be the one to talk me out of it).

You would have been so ashamed of me. Haha

A Mills said...

Im embarrassed you admitted to that story.

jill said...

Yeah, I know. But that's why you love me. :) I have no shame!