February 1, 2008

Speaking of Reunions...


A few months and blog posts ago I alluded to a moment that I shared with a one Mr. Joey Mcyntire via cell phone - sprinkled with a generous helping of rambling embarrassment. Essentially, my ex-roommate Ginger is now a Smashing Pumpkin and the band manager is apparently BFF with Joe, and thus proceeded to impress me with his ability to produce psuedo celebrities on a whim. I was so caught off guard by the fact that he had picked up his phone and dialed Joe Mcyntire that it almost escaped my consciousness when he handed me the phone so that I could spew squealing nonsense along the lines of "OH MY GOD Im such a big fan" and "I live here in Boston now!"
Awful.

ANYHOO - the internet gossips are all abuzz with rumors that NKOTB are finally realizing that the dolla dolla billz y'all have most liekly run dry, and are thus girding their loins and diginities in order to dust off the unfortunate falcetto's of "I'll be loving you forever". Im looking at you Jordan.

I am actually excited about this - and simultaneously a little nervous. For them. All five are between the ages of 35 & 38. Really? I promise that silk shirts, ripped jeans, rat tails, and the lyrics to "Hangin Tough" are really not going to translate all that well in 2008. I dont think Im ready to see Balding Wahlberg air hump his way to a hip replacement.

Regardless, I will undoubtedly shell out money to see this because, as you may have heard, I live in Boston now - so Im pretty sure the hometown nostalgia will be in full force and a spectacle that shall not be missed.
At a time like this I am reminded of the lyrics from "Step by Step" which now seem particularly poignant when imagining how NKOTB came to the conclusion to get back on the proverbial horse:

Step one: We can have lots of fun
Step two: There's so much we can do
Step three: It's just you and me
Step four: I can give you more
Step five: Don't you know that the time has arrived
Huh!!


Oh yes - I went there.

4 comments:

jill said...

I about died when I heard about a possible NKOTB reunion - I thought of you and the fact that you are in Boston for this historical event. Are they planning to do some new stuff? Or are they sticking with there 80s stuff? This concert is not to be missed. This makes your entire relocation worth it!

Jen said...

"Air hump his way to a hip replacement?!!!" I can't stop laughing!! It hurts! Ow.

Now I can't get the image of Donny repeatedly air humping out of my mind. Thanks, Ash.

Who is Mel?

Unknown said...

Pick up the lateset People Magazine if you haven't already!! It includes an article on how they have RECORDED A NEW SONG...I expect it downloaded by you yesterday.

Unknown said...

P.S. I love Donny. Always have, always will.