We all grow up sometime
Although so many waste so much precious time clinging desperately to a past, a home, a life that no longer exists
no longer wants you
This from the queen of grudges, I know.
But breathing easy has its advantages. As does maturity - which is a concept I only occasionally flirt with, as we have yet to consummate a true and lasting commitment to one another. I'd love to know what a rational decision making process feels like in your world - minus emotion, back story, or blame shifting. Or what it might be like not having to be literally pushed off ones proverbial cliff of adulthood, but rather walking your own plank, head held high...
Free fall.
thats a memory I'd rather have, than to be dragged kicking and screaming from an identity I long ago stopped recognizing - which I falsely assume still provides me a sense of security and comfort.
I thank everyone who had the gumption, the tact, and the genuine love and care to look me in the face and sweetly inform me -
to pull my head out of my ass. Proverbially.
I can only hope that I pass on the same hard fought wisdom and hard learned lessons to any fledglings caught in their own storm of imagined fear and codependence.
To you: Get Over Yourself.
Im still trying. Lets try together.
Dont fear the plank.
3 comments:
You and your words. Amazing.
Arhhh, matey!
Ok, I had to put that in there with all the talk of the plank, but my real comment is that I love you and this post reminded me of the poems and writings you had in that notebook in high school. I used to love reading them because it was like reading real life and real feelings in an artwork masterpiece of words.
I think you and maturity just got engaged.
Post a Comment