I attended an incredibly suburban (read:white) public school between the ages of 9 and 12, of which possessed exactly one black student, and one Hispanic. Which, even by California standards is impressive. Around age eleven, I started to, as they say "talk smack" about my dance skills, and befriended / challenged said lone black student to a competition in my front yard after school. I told him I would bring my Bel Biv Devoe cassette, he could bring his dignity, and we would settle things once and for all. The interesting thing was, Im pretty sure I was not even on his radar in terms of a worthy competitor, and Im almost certain he only showed up out of sheer curiosity and bewilderment at this 5th grade white girl who was so boldly stating that she had "...watched enough Yo! MTV Raps to know whats up." I also may or may not have implied that there would be pizza provided. I also invited the whole neighborhood. I believe that there were Pogo Balls involved.
His name was Imari, and he did, in fact, Bring it.
I wish that I could tell you now, at 28, that I can look back on those times when I possessed a ridiculous amount of hubris and bravado, and just shake my head and laugh, knowing the mature and self-respecting woman I have turned into. Sadly, my penchant for dance challenges has only increased with age!
The following video is not so much the necessary evidence to incriminate me, as it is the sad realization that I may be the only person amused and intrigued by my dance fortitude. This is me deciding to prove how much I love Usher in front of my co-workers, while on a business trip in Minneapolis. What is so genius about this, is not that I just met 90% of the people in the room the day before, not that I have absolutely no shame whatsoever, but that if you will notice, I am dancing like its my JOB, and NO ONE even bats an eye. As a matter of fact, they are trying to see around me at the TV while I am popping and locking all over the place like a fool.
Amazing.
Im sorry it is sideways. Tilt your head or have a couple cocktails.
Enjoy the audacity's.
*My absolute favorite part of this is after I finish my performance, I incredulously look at the two guys standing in the hall, who were wearing tank tops as shirts out to the bar, and then look back at the camera like "THOSE two are CRAZY." How dare I.
15 comments:
You DID NOT put that video on YouTube!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!
Can we talk about how we easily fit a WEEK'S WORTH of hilarity into 2 short nights while visiting the great suburbs of Minneapolis? That trip will always be in my top 5. Forever.
OMG...this is hilarious!! I have been laughing for the past 20 minutes STRAIGHT. I may or may not have accidentally peed my pants. You are the funniest person ever.
The entire trip was innapropriate. I only thank God this was the ONLY portion of the trip that was video taped Pamela...
You are a sexy bitch.
Come back to California so that I can show you what a real dance off is!
Trouble... You are trouble.
POGO BALLS???
Who references that?!
I love you and your hat dances.
Probably one of my favorite things in the world. Because of this video I cannot control my arm from removing the invisible hat whenever I hear Usher!
And now the concrete evidence for why you are my favorite person ever.
You are kidding me with this. Why are you not famous yet. You might be the funniest person I have ever laid eyes on. This video needs more cleavage.
PEEING my pants. 5th grade?!!! Dying!
Actually laughed out loud picturing you in your 5th grade show down after your skills gleaned from Yo!MTV raps! PEEING!!! Yes, I said skills gleaned...I'm so white.
Ash-hole,
The video was pretty decent. Even though i would out-robot you back to the stone age.
Absolutely amazing. Can I book you for weddings???
Over. The. Top. I love it.
Post a Comment