
Moving to Boston has been an interesting experience, if not solely because I am surrounded by people of incredible intellect, but also I find myself in direct proximity to some of the most distinguished educational institutions in the country. A far cry from Cal State University "I guess I'll go to college" Long Beach. Holla if you hear me.
For instance, so far in one particular new group of friends alone there are two post-doctorate professors at Harvard, two Resident attending physicians, one double-bachelors nursing student, and one Oral Surgeon.
P.S. They are all under the age of 35.
Adding to this, I show up to work everyday to contend with individuals who write the code, which creates the software, that puts man and metal into outer space.
With that said, an email was recently sent out from said individuals to our entire company inviting us all to take the "Geek Test" - an online quiz which allows you to discover, to the 8th decimal place, your inner geek percentage.
The quiz asks you to willingly admit to such audacity's as:
I have gone to a movie dressed up like one of the characters: Alone or in a group?
and
I have quoted Yoda atleast semi-seriously: In Conversation or Debate?
Wow.
Naturally, upon reading this, I snorted and resumed my reading of Ms. Spears latest weave malfunction - you know, the critical information to my day.
Much to my surprise - or dismay - this "test" became one of the biggest competitions/bragging rights I had ever witnessed in a corporate environment - with the results being so boldly posted in the halls, and certificates produced and awarded for highest Geek percentages.
There really are no words to describe...
To check this out for yourself - please visit the offending link:
http://www.innergeek.us/geek-test.html
Remember - If you answer yes to "I wear Spock Ears permanently due to plastic surgery" you must get off of my blog immediately.
Thank you and good luck.
3 comments:
Fabulous read, Ash. All they need to do is build a "Calvary Chapel Bible College" in the Boston area to put Massachusetts on the map for top-tier universities.
Oh, and I refuse to take the quiz. It will take time away from my reading "Us Weekly".
the internet is forever
Post a Comment