It took me no less than 23 minutes to pick out my favorite NKOTB video to post here today. Thats how much I love this band - the fact that I cannot discern between crappy videos and even worse live performances, which consisted entirely of too many man-perms and air humping. Watching this now, in my late 20's, is simultaneously nostalgic and hilarious. We (and by we, I mean Jenny Fox, and by proxy, our sisters) lived every second of any footage on these guys. My father actually braved Dodger Stadium, filled with thousands of screaming 11 year-olds, for my very first concert ever. I did indeed wear bike shorts.
What kills me is the irony of the fact that I now live in Boston - the hometown of said heart throbs - and that the fashions of this great state have actually changed very little since 1986. While tanning myself on the renowned Revere Beach this past Saturday, I actually spotted several individuals rocking inappropriately torn light jeans and rat tails, while also getting on the floor and doing the new kid dance.
I was in heaven. And by heaven, I mean a fluorescent peach halter top. We're Rough!
August 28, 2007
Hangin Tough - New Kids On the Block
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is it weird that after seeing 6th Sense, all the feelings I once had for Donnie came storming back?
Just wondering...
NKOTB forever! I was convinced I would never outgrow them. So far so good.
Post a Comment