This first little gem is an amazing video that only Thee Dave Driskell would have discovered and shared with me. Now it is no secret that I have an odd sentimental attachment to Michael Jackson. Im not even going to hide it. When "Bad" came out, I fashioned my own fingerless gloves out of old leotards and skinny black belts. Man in the Mirror is still my Karaoke ballad of choice. I was pretty die hard back in the day.
But this...
This takes MJ worship to unfathomable levels. I just want to point out that this video is RECENT. This is not from 1986 my friends, Oh No. These adult individuals literally decided in the year 2007 to produce the Bollywood version of Thriller. And FYI - they are not kidding. Seeing this video continues to fill me with simultaneous joy and bewilderment - Why are the monsters wearing, what amounts to deli meat on their faces, as masks? Why is our heroine rocking a tiger shirt, TUCKED IN, with barrettes I bought at Claire's in the 2nd grade? Could he not shave the porn stache for this shoot? Everyone knows MJ lasered that off at puberty!
These questions, and many more, will continue to delight me for years to come. What irks me more is the fact that I did not think of creating our own "OC Thriller" first!
And secondly... (this is not edited - you WILL PROBABLY be offended)
Last night, I settled in to the Fenway AMC, to catch a viewing of Super Bad - what my brother referred to on my voice mail as "load in my pants" funny.
Now, I consider myself to be a connoisseur of "adult men as adolescent" comedies. Or "teenage boys speaking like adult men but acting like 8 year olds" flicks. Office Space? Yes. Mallrats? Of course. Anything with Vince Vaugh? Twice.
But last night, as I sat through what was probably the most vulgar script ever conceived, I did not even laugh. I had no time. I actually sat there stunned at how over-whelmingly funny it was, to the point where I could not even close my mouth. I just sat there in utter disbelief. This film is genius - and Judd Apatow has rightly outdone himself. Also, there is a particular "stain" in this movie which will haunt me for the rest of my life. Be forewarned.
Thank you, and good night.
5 comments:
Ash-wipe,
I think I gave birth to a small boy in the middle of that movie. I left a puddle of tears and a small poo stain on the seat when i left.
Oh, and i can still outquote you so bring it on... And no lines from lame movies.
Anonymous
My favorite part of the movie: turning the NOUN "period" into a VERB! Pure hilarity - I peed many a time...
And lucky for you, my back is on my c**k.
Smico - Stop anonymously calling me out!
Ash-Munch
I know not who you refer to...
And my call out still stands
Anonymous
This Thriller video is ridiculous! But in a good way.
Post a Comment