Many of us need a daily reminder of just how small, weak, and helpless we really are. We fight that vulnerability, believe that only death waits behind that kind of hope. That kind of surrender to the unknown.
And yet, we fail to recognize that in spite of, and yet because of, this very frailty that defines our being, we are so loved. We are so adored. We are so wanted.
A nice slap across the face would do us a world of good most of the time.
Now and again, I find myself just sort of floating through life aimlessly, thoughtlessly, sorta blankly. Carving out my wake once again. Barely looking back.
But its always there, that moment waiting for me like an open palm, a stinging breeze. Waiting. And when it presents itself, I remember it for a very long time.
This is one of those times.
Thank you, for knowing our faults and defects, and for celebrating us every single day, waiting patiently for us to come home.
1 comment:
I'm sitting here watching this video, crying at the computer. This is the first time I've seen this post - I didn't see it when I was looking at your blog before. Thank you for posting this. I am reminded that life is so far beyond ourselves. God gives and God takes away. Of all people I should know this. Not sure why I forget over and over again...
Post a Comment